I was recently involved in a upgrade of TeamSite 6.1 to 6.7.1, and had to migrate the old 6.1 content store to the new 6.7.1 content store format. To do this I decided I would add a new 6.7.1 format content store to TeamSite, and thereafter run my migrate commands.
To add an additional Content Store to TeamSite, you need to execute the following;
- Browse to the file iw.cfg (On Solaris/Linux this is located in /etc/. On Windows iw-home/etc/)
- Add the following lines to the file under the [iwserver] section
The 1st line names the store and points to the location of the new store. The 2nd line is optional, but adds comments to the store
- Save the file and do a iwreset
- Navigate to iw-home/bin and run the command iwstoreadm -a new-store (new-store is the name of the content store name inputted in point 2)
- You should now get a message appearing store has been added.
- You can further verify this by running the command,
iwstoreadm -l (This will display all active stores TeamSite are pointing to with comments)
- You now have another content store added to TeamSite