From my experience there are a few things to bear in mind when installing Interwoven Software. These include
- Always install your software as administrator or full root (for solaris/Linux). In respects to root access it must be full root not any sppof such as sudo. At the lease su root would be acceptable. There have been installs where I have seen the installer not correctly installing, after which issues later arise. Another reason to install as full root or administrator is that Interwoven will only support the software if they are installed by these users.
- Always read the release notes, and ensure you fulfill the pre-requisites.
- When selecting the install path, don’t leave any spaces. I like to install as below;
C:/Interwoven/TeamSite or C:/Interwoven/MediaBin
- Keep a record of your actions whilst the install take place; will come in handy to document and to analyse any potential issues arising at a later date
- Follow up your installation by executing any actions that are required after the install